rain

Sugar Honey Iced Tea

Coffee drinker. Fictional boyfriend collector. Smut lover. In-the-closet brainiac. Obsessive. Snarcastic. Basically.

Let's Hear it for the Boy
T.A. Webb
After Hours
Cara McKenna

Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1)

Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) - Kristen Ashley Oh, my...I've somehow managed to elude all the signs that clearly pointed out just how emotional this book really is. It left me speechless, at times. And breathless, at times. And gave me a whole new perspective of KA's work. I love it!Both Sam and Kia are tortured souls, trying to cope with their demons and come out as true winners. Their chemistry is perfect (as always). And, though there were quite a few hilarious moments that made me laugh like crazy, the very beginning is so disturbing, and heart-breaking. So sad.And, here's another perfect KA male (he does seem similar to Tate, doesn't he, Baba? LOL!). When I say perfect, I mean - hold your breath, and watch your step! HE. IS. HOT. A bit annoying from time to time, but hell... I don't mind.“Are you wanting me to participate in this discussion or are you having a conversation with yourself?”“Your participation isn’t required,” Sam replied.“I didn’t think so,”Okay, there was this one thing that made me mind a lot! I was seriously losing patience with Sam's silence-treatments and refusing to share one single thing, and I was so pissed that I was actually proud of Kia, when she decided to pack her bags and leave. Yep, that pissed! But, as it was expected, these guys maybe take a bit longer sometimes, and make some serious missteps in the process, but boy are they worth it all!“Wherever you are, however you got there, if it's good, you're meant to be there either because you earned it or life led you there and you were smart enough to hold on.”So, anyway, here are some of my favorite moments - though, I'd suggest you skip them if you haven't read the book. Don't spoil the surprise!“There are very few, very fuckin' few people, Kia, who get what's precious in this world. They work their asses off for pure shit and think they'd fight and die to keep it. You don't fight and die for shit. You fight and die for things that matter. You are the first woman I've met outside a life that leads you to understand that shit who gets that. And straight up, baby, you gotta know, I like that a fuckuva lot.”“Nine words.” He said no more.“Nine words?” I asked quietly.“His last words. There were only nine.”I waited, my heart beating hard, not wanting to hear it, needing to.It took some time but then he gave it to me.Everything.“He said, ‘Love you, man. Tell my wife I love her.’”“He had that in his death. Ben, no doubt, no fuckin’ doubt thought about Felicia in his final moments. I can take that. Fuck, I buy it, I want that, my last thoughts on this earth to be of you. But they didn’t know. They had no fuckin’ clue what they left behind. I knew. I lived that shit twice. And I was not going to do that to you.”“Please, Sam. I –”“I love you, Kia.”My breath left me and I stared. I wasn’t breathing but my eyes were still forming tears and they were falling.Sam’s thumbs slipped through them but his eyes didn’t leave mine when he semi-repeated, “I love you, baby.”“You walked into that dining room, baby, and you know, the minute I saw you, I wanted to fuck you. Two days later, I saw you outside havin’ a drink and even before you looked at me with tears in your eyes, just when I saw you sittin’ there, I was annoyed, thought you were playin’ games, and I didn’t care. Just you sittin’ there I knew it was you.”He knew it was me.Me.I closed my eyes.“Look at me,” Sam ordered quietly and I opened them. “Weeks after that, Kia, I saw you standing in my kitchen writing a grocery list, doing nothing, just writing a grocery list. But you’d just made me laugh and, just like you, you made me do it hard. That shit with Gordo, with Luci, losin’ Ben, Felicia tryin’ to off herself, that shit’s too much, it wears you down. I hadn’t laughed like that in months, not since Gordo died and in that moment, you in the kitchen, I realized I did it all the time with you. There were times before, a lot of them, I’d look at you and feel your pull, so strong. I wanted to fight it, deny it but I couldn’t, you wouldn’t let me and I didn’t get it. But seein’ you standing in my kitchen, effortlessly beautiful, writing a fuckin’ grocery list after you made me laugh like that, I knew what it was. I got it. I knew it was more. I knew that wasn’t an offer. That was a promise. Even with all the shit goin’ down with you, shit that would wear any other woman down, it didn’t with you and you gave me that from the beginning. And it hit me then that was what my life would be like if I lived the whole of it with you. And I knew I couldn’t live without you.”Oh. My. God.He couldn’t live without me.His face got close. “You cannot leave me. You can’t. I can’t live without you.”He couldn’t live without me.He was in hell, just like me.And just like he did for me, I showed him heaven. “Sam,” I whispered, melting into him, “I said okay.”“Never,” he returned immediately.“Sorry?”“Promise you will never leave me.”“Sam, honey, I love you.”“But you left me.”“Right, because you left me. But now you’re back and you just gave me all of you. I needed it; you came all the way to England and gave it to me so now that I have you, all of you, I promise you, honey, I will never leave you.”He stared at me and I let him. Then he said, “You went on a date.” :)All in all, this was lovely, emotional, overwhelming journey. One that you shouldn't miss. It really has a lot to offer.Now off I go to devour another KA story, and add yet another guy to my very special shelf.