rain

Sugar Honey Iced Tea

Coffee drinker. Fictional boyfriend collector. Smut lover. In-the-closet brainiac. Obsessive. Snarcastic. Basically.

Let's Hear it for the Boy
T.A. Webb
After Hours
Cara McKenna

Nowhere Ranch

Nowhere Ranch - Heidi Cullinan It's really hard for me to rate this book.There were things I loved about it.There were moments when I seriously did not want to continue reading.And, then, there was that epilogue...Nowhere Ranch is a story about Roe Davis, simple farmer guy, who left home when he was twenty because his family couldn't accept the fact he's gay. After a lot of struggle, he ends up at Nowhere Ranch, and all is good... until he finds out that the owner Travis Loving is gay too.I won't bore you with details, or try to retell the story. I'll stick to the good/bad things about it instead.The whole story is first person POV - Roe's - and that is what I loved from the very beginning. No fancy words. No glitter. Simple, honest, disturbing look in the wounded and haunted soul of a guy who only wanted to be who he is.Once his relationship with Travis started, you could see so much clearer just how desperate Roe actually is. And their relationship (or the sex part, at least) is not for the faint of hearts. Trust me.Which leads me close to the 50% mark. I was seriously thinking it would be best not to finish this book, after all. As much as I loved it at the beginning, it was just... too much.There was a lot of sex. Dark, edgy, hard core sex. I did not mind that. But, I started wondering what's the point. Is anything else gonna happen here, or are they just going to keep doing it 'til they end up in ER?The good news is - something else happened.The bad news is - I didn't like the "something else".When Haley first showed up, she was cute. She was great for Roe. You can't not love Haley...Until Haley is so all over the place, it feels like she's the main character.Those last 20% or so? No. Didn't work for me. It was so OTT, I couldn't believe it.And the end? Talk about sugar. I was numb from all that sweetness. It was so wrong for this story. I did not want to see a realistic, painful life suddenly inexplicably transformed and BAM! they lived happily ever after.It just feels wrong.Sorry.So much potential...