rain

Sugar Honey Iced Tea

Coffee drinker. Fictional boyfriend collector. Smut lover. In-the-closet brainiac. Obsessive. Snarcastic. Basically.

Let's Hear it for the Boy
T.A. Webb
After Hours
Cara McKenna

When Beauty Tamed the Beast

When Beauty Tamed the Beast - James Griffin, Eloisa James

Somehow I managed to elude Eloisa James until now (not intentionally, though), and somehow (again) her first book I read is the second book of the series (yeah, happens to me all the time). Not that it is significant for this story.

If you are looking for a refreshing, not-quite-what-you-expect historical romance - this book is great for you. I was more than surprised (in a good way), and I was laughing from the page one.

I love Piers. Well, I love House M.D., so there's no surprise there. And, yes, every resemblance to Gregory House is intentional. So, Piers is (obviously) sarcastic, in-your-face, crass, no nonsense, blunt, brilliant, amusing pain in the ass. In other words - my kind of guy.

And, there is Linnet. Intelligent, beautiful, sarcastic, witty, lovable heroine that stands up to Piers and makes every dialogue humorous enough to love both of them, and can't wait to see what's next.

This is not the usual historical romance. Sometimes it doesn't even sound too historical (don't ask), but I was wowed enough, by characters and all the lulzy moments, to overlook some of the things I'd usually dislike a lot.