rain

Sugar Honey Iced Tea

Coffee drinker. Fictional boyfriend collector. Smut lover. In-the-closet brainiac. Obsessive. Snarcastic. Basically.

Let's Hear it for the Boy
T.A. Webb
After Hours
Cara McKenna

How Did I Get Here?: Finding Your Way to Renewed Hope and Happiness when Life and Love Take Unexpected Turns

How Did I Get Here?: Finding Your Way to Renewed Hope and Happiness When Life and Love Take Unexpected Turns - Barbara De Angelis It's been a while since I read this, so my impressions aren't exactly fresh. And, no, I do not intend to read it again. Ever.That said, I should probably explain how I got to read it in the first place...As it happens, I found some quotes from the book, and those were kind of nice - in a smartly ordered words, that we all use daily but in much simpler form, way - so I thought I could give it a try. Found it in a library, brought it home, started reading, and...*digression*Right now, I feel the need to point out I usually avoid the self-help shelf like the plague. Mostly because I believe you'll genuinely help yourself so much easier and faster by the very act of avoiding those crappy lines and mantras self-help books are full of.The only exception in this genre (that I've found so far, at least, and not that I've tried too hard) is Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It, and even that one is more funny than helpful, so there you have it.Back to the point...After I've finished reading Ms. De Angelis' book, I couldn't help but think what a lovely quote-maker she is. Obviously, except for the number of quotes I already knew, there was nothing in the book that would make (even feeble) lasting impression.I imagine anyone could write these books, if only that certain anyone would have a basic writing talent, and a will to dedicate some time to rephrasing common, everyday thoughts into wise (but, oh so hollow) quotes.